Friday, August 7, 2009

School Days...School Days

The first day of school is fast aproaching or is already here for most children between the age of 4 and 18.

New pencils, paper and a bookbag that is supposed to last til the end of the year. All most children know is they get new things and They get to meet a new teacher and new classmates.

I remember when I was starting 1st grade in a new town, how scary it was for a little 5 year old. I was in a school with big kids(K-8th grade). I had never been around so many big people in my life. I spent the next 6 years in that school and I fondly remember the teachers and the All grade Christmas programs we had every year.

In 7th grade I again moved to a new town and went to Jr. High. I had never heard of that kind of school and all the new people and things to learn.

I stayed in the same town thru the 12th grade and the people that I started 7th grade with I finished with at graduation.

I just hope that children now cherish the time thay have in school and learn all that they can. That really is the stepping stone for the rest of their lives

No comments: